Setting up OS X for E-Mail
Thanks to one of our loyal customers, here is how to do this.
- Click on the "System Preferences" icon located on the dock.
- Click on the "Internet" Icon located under the category "Internet & Network"
- Click the tab "Email"
- Default Email Reader should be set to "Mail (1.2.3)"
- Make sure "Use .Mac Email account" is unchecked
- Next to "Email Address:" enter your email address Ex. email@example.com
- "Incoming Mail Server:" should be email.sysmatrix.net
- "Account Type:" should be set to "POP"
- "User Account ID:" should be your full email address again: firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Password" needs to be the password that you have chosen when you signed up to Sysmatrix
- "Outgoing Mail Server:" should be email.sysmatrix.net
- After that is set up close out of "System Preferences" then click on the mail icon located on the dock. The mail program will open.
- Now you need to do the following:
- On the top "Apple Menu" click in the word "Mail" this is located next to the blue apple on the upper left hand corner
- Click on "preferences"
- Click on the first Icon that says "Accounts"
- Under "Description" you will see the email account you have created. (if you do not see your account click on "Add Account" and fill in the required information)
- Once your account is highlighted click on the button to the right that says "EDIT"
- Your information should already be filled in
- Click on the button on the bottom that says "Options"
- Check the SSL box
- Set "Authentication" to password by clicking on the up and down arrows
- Under "User Name" should be your full email address again: email@example.com
- Under "Password" enter your login password.
- now click "OK"
- Now click "OK" again
- Close out "Accounts" by clicking the red button on the upper left hand corner
You are now able to use Apple Mail.