More Lucent Modem Info
Wouldn't it be nice for modem manufactures to provide the correct info for their products?
Here is some more help with your Lucent modems from SysMatrix. Hope this helps.
Lucent LT Win Modem disconnects
- Try using the init string AT&FX. (See the next step for instructions.)
- Set Windows 95/98 Dial-Up Networking to use software flow control. Here's how:
- Doubleclick "My Computer", then doubleclick the "Dial-Up Networking folder"
- Right-click on your connection icon and choose "Properties"
- Click the "Configure button"
- Click the "Connection tab"
- Click the "Advanced button"
- Put a check next to "Use flow control" and select "Software (XON/XOFF)" .
- In "Extra settings," enter "AT&FX".
- Click "OK" to save changes.
- If that doesn't help, you might try lowering your connect speed to 57600. (The speed setting is on the first screen when you get Properties on your connection icon.) This should be a last resort, as it will affect your download speed somewhat.