Manual Dial-up Networking Setup
For Computers that have Microsoft Windows 95 or Windows 98 start at #1. For Windows ME start at #3.
- Double click on the icon on the desktop labeled "My Computer"
- Double click on the icon in "My Computer" labeled "Dial-up Networking". Skip to #6.
- Click "Start" located at the bottom left hand corner of your desktop.
- Click "Settings"
- Click "Dial-up Networking"
- Double click on the icon in "Dial-up Networking" labeled "Make New Connection". This will load a wizard that will assist you in creating a dial-up connection to the Internet.
- When asked to type the name of the computer you are dialing, type "SysMatrix" on the line provided.
- Click "Next"
- Make sure that you have the correct area code for your area listed and type the phone number of the location your are dialing. This number can be found on the "Access Numbers" section of this site.
- Click "Next"
- Click "Finish". Windows ME users skip to #19. Windows 95 and Windows 98 users continue to #12.
- You have created a dial-up networking icon labeled "SysMatrix". Now right click the icon that you have just created and left click "Properties".
- At the top of the window that just appeared left click "Server Types"
- Make sure that "Log on to Network" in NOT checked
- Under "Allowed Network Protocols" make sure that only "TCP/IP" is checked.
- Click "OK"
- Now right click the icon again and choose "Create Shortcut"
- Left click "Yes". You have now created a shortcut to connect to SysMatrix on your desktop. You may now close all of the existing windows that may be open.
- To connect to the Internet, you must double click the icon located on your desktop labeled "SysMatrix".
- The first time you connect to the Internet you will be required to enter your user name and password. Your user name will be your email address. Here is an example of your user name: email@example.com
- Enter your password.
- Make sure that "Save Password" is checked.
- Click "Connect"
- You are now connecting to the Internet. This part of the setup is now complete. Any time you want to connect to the Internet you will double click this icon and click "Connect".
- Click here to setup your email.