Attention New Users
Setting up your PC computer to connect to the Internet is Easy. If you need to setup your PC computer to connect to the Internet, please view and print these pages to better help you through your setup process. This process is highly recommended for all users. You will find that this is the easiest and quickest way to get connected to our internet services.
- Configuring your PC for Dial-up Access
- Configuring your PC for E-mail
- Configuring your Mac for Dial-up Access and E-mail (NOTE: The email config pages are only partly complete, the info about where to configure email clients to use SSL and change the port numbers is not yet available to us.)
Manual Settings- Here are some settings needed to setup other operating systems such as Macintosh and Linux.
- DNS Settings
- Access Numbers
- Newsgroup Settings
- Use your main SysMatrix e-mail address and password to login to newsgroups.
- Mail Server Settings
- Enable POP in Gmail. Don't forget to click Save Changes when you're done.
- Configure your client to match the settings below:
|Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL:
Use SSL: Yes
|Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS:
||smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
Port: 465 or 587
||your full email address (including @sysmatrix.net)
||your email address (email@example.com)
||your SysMatrix email password
Unless you're using recent mode to download mail to multiple clients, make sure you've opted not to leave messages on the server. Your Gmail settings determine whether or not messages stay on the server, so this setting in your client won't affect how Gmail handles your mail.
Please note that if your client does not support SMTP authentication, you won't be able to send mail through your client using your Gmail address.
Also, if you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encyrption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port: 465 or 587.
- POP3 mail server (Receive Server)
- SMTP mail server (Send Server)
- Authenticationrequired to send mail (The username and password that you use to receive SysMatrix mail must be used to send mail. You may only use our SMTP servers. Port 25 is blocked.)
- Modem Help
Changing your Dial-up Access Number - Click the link below to learn how to change the access number that you are dialing on your Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows ME system.
Frequently Asked Questions